When it’s cold in Albuquerque you count on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming soon. Annual maintenance service from professionals can keep your system operating in peak performance and diagnose possible problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for cues that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running long enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps reverse the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled evenly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem continues, contact an expert to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’ve never heard before, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The pros at I-Deal HVAC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.