Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Albuquerque are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from I-Deal HVAC in Albuquerque can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 505-445-1250 and keep cool this summer.