Having regular air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Albuquerque summer, have the experts at I-Deal HVAC complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow in the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call I-Deal HVAC today at 505-445-1250.