Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Albuquerque colder months. If you already called I-Deal HVAC for your annual tune-up, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 505-445-1250 to get one on the calendar.
There are many simple things you can do in between expert maintenance to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters often and clean or replace them when recommended. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold maximum efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are open for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have grown up near your outdoor unit or clutter has collected, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to ensure that it’s operating correctly. Merely turn it on and slowly raise the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or extra thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call I-Deal HVAC at 505-445-1250 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!