Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Albuquerque during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at I-Deal HVAC will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call I-Deal HVAC at 505-445-1250 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.