Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Albuquerque is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While I-Deal HVAC consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call I-Deal HVAC in Albuquerque at 505-445-1250 today.