With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically increase your costs and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your I-Deal HVAC professional do air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system working at its best for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify looming concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at I-Deal HVAC a call at 505-445-1250.