Whether you appreciate winter or prefer the warmer months in Albuquerque, many of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your space warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be replaced. We recommend at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can set temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The team at I-Deal HVAC can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give I-Deal HVAC in Albuquerque a call to begin. You can reach us at 505-445-1250 or schedule an appointment with us online.